When we think about coffee, energy is the only thing that comes to our heads, but this is not the only benefit that this beverage has. Many types of research have found that coffee is one of the healthiest drinks that we can consume daily, and today I will mention 7 benefits that you should know about coffee and why you should drink it.
- It can help burn fat.
- New research indicates that a cup of coffee could aid you in losing weight. New research found that coffee can stimulate the fat in your body that keeps you warm by burning calories; this fat is known as “brown fat.” Other things can also stimulate this brown fat, like good sleeping habits and exercise. Worth noting that no more than three cups of coffee per day can bring better benefits for you.
- It can fight depression and make you happier.
- Coffee has a positive impact on mental health, it may be associated with its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and it can block receptors in people’s brains that cause fatigue and depressed mood. Some studies have shown the relation between caffeine and depression. That is why coffee consumption helps to lessen the risk for depression.
- Can improve energy levels and make you smarter.
- Dopamine and caffeine combined can give you enough energy so that your brain can function better in the mental processes activities. It will not only give you energy, but caffeine will also help you to stay focused so that you can have the best performance in the task you are doing.
- May protect you from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Coffee can reduce the levels of beta-amyloid, (A destructive protein commonly found in the brains of people with Alzheimer’s), by as much as 50%, according to a new study led by Dr. Abhishek Mohan at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia. A study finished in 2014 found that people who drank more than three coffees per day were less likely to develop Alzheimer’s. It was shown that coffee might slow or stop the transition from mild cognitive impairment to dementia.
- May protect your liver.
- Moderate coffee consumption could prevent liver cancer and lower the risk of other liver conditions, including fibrosis (scar tissue that builds up within the liver) and cirrhosis. The World Health Organization has confirmed this after reviewing more than 1,000 studies in humans. It is important to clarify that it will not only help you to prevent liver diseases but also helps those who already have a degree of liver damage.
- It may help you live longer.
- According to studies published in the New England Journal of Medicine, they found that older people who drank caffeinated or non-caffeinated beverages were less likely to die from diseases like diabetes, respiratory and heart disease compared to people who did not drink any kind of these beverages. This does not mean that drinking coffee will make you immortal, but there is a strong relationship between drinking coffee and living longer.
- Contains antioxidants.
- Coffee is one of the best ways to get antioxidants from your diet; these substances may protect your cells against free radicals, which may play a role in heart disease, cancer, and other diseases. Therefore, drinking coffee prevents you from many diseases and helps you in a significant way to improve your health.
Worth clarifying that coffee in excess might not bring the best benefits, which is why we want to mention that not only coffee will make your life healthier, you can try to combine good eating habits, a daily exercise routine, and a stress-free life for your well-being.